MarketPress is the most powerful premium eCommerce plugin available, full stop. Enjoy the shopping cart experience you want with elegant code, incredible 24/7/365 support, all the functionality you need out of the box and no paid add-ons required.
We’ll go into why MarketPress is absolutely the plugin you need for your project in more detail below, but here are a few key features:
- Multiple payment gateways (PayPal Express Checkout, PayPal Payflow Pro, Authorize.net AIM, Google checkout, 2checkout, Moneybookers, eWay shared payments, Cubepoints, Simplify Commerce by MasterCard, Stripe, and many more).
- Works great with any WordPress theme (no need to go buy one!) and looks great with AJAXy goodness.
- Fully internationalized by the WPML crew.
- Sell real objects or digital downloads (with limits and tracking!) with ease.
- Shipping, coupons, Google Analytics eCommerce, sales pricing, unlimited product variations and so much more.
- Multisite compatibility allows you to host your own network of stores (like Etsy or eBay) and take a cut.
- No need to purchase extra add-ons or special licences – MarketPress has everything you need out of the box.
MarketPress makes elegant dynamic product listings easy
Don’t get caught in the ‘extension’ scam
There are some WordPress eCommerce plugins you can download for free and then pay hundreds – or even thousands – of $s to get the extensions or add-ons that you need.
Don’t get stung. Marketpress has all the features you need (and we’re adding new ones all the time) for one simple, low price.
Check out this amazing feature set
You don’t need a single add-on or extension with MarketPress:
- Payment gateways coming out of our ears.
- 100% ready for easy translation into any language.
- Supports all major currencies.
- Ready to go for tax and VAT.
- Digital or physical objects.
- Multiple shipping options.
- Coupons, discounts and affiliate ready.
- Fully integrated with Google Analytics eCommerce.
- Unlimited product variations.
- Stock tracking and alerts per variation.
- Per order product limits.
- AJAX cart and cart widget.
- Powerful shortcodes that you can use anywhere.
- Link any product to an external link (hello Amazon affiliates!).
- Categories and tags.
- Stock tracking and order management and alerts.
- Fully customizable urls.
- Checkout *without* having to be a site user.
- Start your own Etsy shopping network.
- Global shopping carts (for that network).
- Tax inclusive pricing options.
- Custom personalization fields.
- Extensive tracking number options.
Individual product pages are infinitely customizable
In fact, you don’t even need to go out and purchase any premium themes – MarketPress is developed specifically to work with any well-coded theme. You get MarketPress out of the box with:
- Amazing themes (that you can customize without knowing a single line of code).
- Beautiful preset CSS styles.
- Powerful, yet elegant, widgets.
- Hot product thumbnails/images with lightbox zooming
- Unlimited 24/7/365 expert support for using and customizing themes to work witH MarketPress
- Shopping Cart – Shows dynamic shopping cart contents along with a checkout button for your MarketPress store. Fully AJAX-based, add an item and it shows in the cart instantly.
- Product Tag Cloud – Your most used product tags in cloud format from your MarketPress store.
- Product Categories – A list or dropdown of product categories from your MarketPress store.
- Product List – This one is awesome. Shows a highly customizable list of products from your MarketPress store. You can make multiple widgets of product lists with full preferences, like order by, num products, etc. You can show what you want like product image, excerpt, price, buy now button, etc.
- Product Tag Cloud – Displays a cloud or list of your product tags
- Product Categories List – Displays an HTML list of your product categories
- Product Categories Dropdown – Displays an HTML dropdown of your product categories
- Popular Products List – Displays a list of popular products ordered by sales
- Products List – Displays a list of products according to preference
- Store Links – A number of shortcodes to display links to various store pages
- Store Navigation List – Put a quick navigation menu anywhere on your site that links to store pages
When installed on WordPress Multisite, all products, product tags, and product categories from across the network are indexed globally. They are then displayed on your main site/blog marketplace pages or with our powerful global widgets or shortcodes.
- Global Product List – Shows a customizable global list of products from network MarketPress stores.
- Global Product Tag Cloud – Displays global most used product tags in cloud format from network MarketPress stores.
- Global Product Category List – Displays a network-wide HTML list of product categories from network MarketPress stores.
Robust Themeing Support
Check out the docs on the Presentation settings page. It’s incredibly easy to add your own CSS theme and modify it as you would like. Once you drop it in the proper folder, it shows up in the theme list to all sites on your network. Unlike other eCommerce plugins, MarketPress won’t make you want to give up when it comes to developing a beautiful site. Of course you can also select “No Theme” and put CSS in your theme’s css files.
There is also a detailed readme.txt on how to create completely custom page templates for all the store pages. It uses the same familiar templating system as WordPress so you or your designer can make your store look exactly how you want it. Be sure to checkout our FrameMarket Theme with built-in highly customized MarketPress store templates.
MarketPress was built from the ground up to be an infinitely expandable framework. There are simple fully-documented plugin APIs for adding your own custom Shipping or Payment Gateway modules. Don’t get locked into the current features of another e-Commerce plugin! It’s a cinch for any developer to create their own Payment Gateway or Shipping plugin by overriding our documented classes. Just drop it in the appropriate plugin folders and they’ll show up in the admin interface.
Full WPML Support
Want a multilingual e-commerce solution? Look no further! You’ll want to purchase the WPML Plugin. Together you’ll be able to translate all Products, Product Categories, and Product Tags, UI Strings, email messages, MarketPress slugs, and all custom fields such as SKU,price, sale price, product link, file, sales count, shipping,variations, mp_is_sale, mp_track_inventory, mp_inventory.
WPML provides an exclusive add-on in WPML-MarketPress, which brings it all together. If you have a need to make your site accessible to many languages, this is the solution for you.
And Much, Much More
Only once you start playing with Marketpress do you realise the immense amount of other features and design touches built into the plugin through years of development and requests from members just like you. It’s hard to keep up! We can pretty much guarantee that MarketPress will do the job for you, and if it doesn’t then you’ll have your own development team on hand to add in the extra features.